- This event has passed.
International Conference of Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka 2015 – ICSUSL 2015
November 19, 2015 - November 20, 2015
Theme – “Challanges Beyond Food Security”
Feeding ever increasing world population to satiety has become the most daunting task of the century in the aftermath of ever increasing demand for food, shrinking the extent of arable lands, decreasing potential food production from natural resources, global warming, pollution, and consequences of human interventions. Hence, food security is of prime concern in most part of the globe for centuries.
In the process of achieving food security, overwhelming evidences of food borne illnesses and hazards accumulate, raising the unanswered question “Are we consuming safe food?” Ever since these occurrences of food borne illnesses surfaced, attention of the scientific community is evenly, if not more, focused on food safety than food security. Understanding the significance of both of them in the context of “Providing safe food for everybody” the theme of the conference surfaced as “Challenges beyond food security”.
This conference is therefore focused on one of the most attended areas of the research arena both at national and international context. Researchers, practitioners, policymakers and all other interested personnel around the world are invited to share their findings, knowledge and expertise under this theme.
- Food safety challenges
- Food , environment and public health
- Biodiversity and ecosystem services for food base
- Post harvest handling and food preservation
- Quality standard and food management systems
- Nutrition and food security
- Food production, distribution, accessibility and utilization
- Agricultural systems and genetic diversity to underpin food security
- Climate change and food systems
- Food culture, social values and mass media
- Policy direction for food security and safety
- Geo-Spatial applications for food and agriculture
- Value addition, innovations and sustainable food marketing
Abstract Submission Deadline – 30th June 2015
Announcement of Abstract Acceptance – 31st August 2015
Early Bird Registration Deadline – 31st October 2015
Conference – 19th & 20th November 2015