In a special event held on 7th July 2015 at the WSO2 Premises in the Trace Technology park in Maradana, COSTI introduced the latest web based scientific information sharing platform “The Sri Lanka Innovation Dashboard ” to the Sri Lankan Scientific Community.
This Dashboard aims to be the main platform to share information and highlight innovations so that research and development efforts can be better commercialized and used for the development of the country.
The Dash board has been developed by Lanka Software Foundation for Sri Lanka’s Coordinating Secretariat for Science, Technology, & Innovation (COSTI), and is licensed under Creative Common License for non-commercial use and can be shared and re-used with proper acknowledgement.
According to Prof. Ajith de Alwis, Project Director of COSTI this dashboard will lead the scientific community in Sri Lanka to a new era where decision making would be much easier with the knowledge about the latest research related activities around the country.
The purpose of the Dashboard is to establish one location which will reflect the Science, Technology and Innovation (ST&I) position of Sri Lanka. To this effect, to develop a national research/scientists database which will capture people who are engaged in research and innovation activities and their outputs.
The Dashboard and the database will serve to:
- Ensure establishment, maintenance and delivery of stable, reliable, and accessible collections of Institutional and people Data in electronic form for shared access by the community;
- Maximize the value of research data by increasing the understanding of the collected Data;
- Provide an integrated view of national research outputs;
- Improve direct access to research Data for end-users;
- Provide valuable input to industry experts on what to avoid and where to channel their limited resources and how to align with existing resources to ensure better end results;
- Provide a vital platform for networking for those involved in (ST&I);
- Provide high-level visibility to the utilization of national funds, and projects;
- Support the National ST&I strategy by providing national ST&I information that can be an integral part of decision-making, competitive positioning, and focus on value-adding areas.
The Dash board can be accessed now through – https://dashboard.costi.gov.lk/home/
Source – COSTI